Summer Reading Challenge

5/27/2010

Ok, a challenge had been sent forth from Tracy for this summer. She has laid out the gauntlet before me to expand my reading genre and explore new pastures. Many of you may not know this about me but I am a huge Ted Dekker fan. I just finished Bride Collector and while it is not one of my favorites (like Three or Skin) it was still a good read! One of the suggestions for me has been Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. I may have read this book but I read fiction really fast ‘cause I can’t wait to get to the end and I don’t retain as much as I should. The benefit of this is I can reread books and enjoy them the second time (or third as I have done before).


I have read and do read “regular” authors at times not just Dekker, Peretti or Lahaye. I enjoy Francine Rivers, Beverly Lewis and even Dee Henderson. Have you ever read Thorn in My Heart by Liz Curtis Higgs? It is based loosely on the Rachel/Leah story in the Bible… OH MY, what a tear jerker! The whole Lowlands of Scotland series is amazing!!


I haven’t started a fiction book since vacation but I have been reading Real Foods, The Revolution Will Not be Microwaved, and The Backyard Beekeeper. I also have my photography books/magazines that keep me busy. I guess I will take up the challenge and try something different! So what do you suggest??

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP