365-152

6/26/2010

I have been trying for a long time now to get a shot of the moon that I was fairly happy with. Many nights found me out with my tripod bundled up against the cold wearing my husband’s boots, freezing to death just to get the shot. Since we live in the woods, I have had a hard time getting my camera to focus on where I wanted it to in the middle of the night. I had just about given up on it until last night.

It wasn’t quite dark yet when I noticed the moon was not only full but a bright orange. I hollered at my youngest son to see if he wanted to go with me to “shoot” the moon. He got off the trampoline and hopped on the 4-wheeler. We went down the drive, out to the neighbor’s open field. While Jeremiah was catching fire flies, I was capturing the moon!

Even though they aren’t perfect, I am pretty happy with my attempt. These are straight out of the camera; except for the lower right hand one. I spent about 30 minutes shooting with different settings; changing the aperture, the shutter speed, and even the ISO. I had to see if it made a difference on the auto night setting but all that did was surprise Jeremiah when the flash went off!

Next time I might grab my flash and tripod to see if it makes a difference, but for now this made by day just knowing I actually got more that a white blob in the sky!

6 comments:

Anonymous,  June 26, 2010 at 10:51 AM  

How fun! I like the lower middle shot the best. I think the photography isn't just about getting the perfect shot, but also the experience of getting outside with a purpose of trying to get a great shot. Very nice.

Tracy June 26, 2010 at 11:00 AM  

Nice job! Great experience. And love the edited one....nice collage too!

Next time-
Tripod yes, flash NO! (goofy, unless you mean a deer light! and even then it won't reach the moon, just annoy your neighbors!)

ISO 1600
Try it on A and use the lowest aperture.

Of course manual would be best.

Anonymous,  June 26, 2010 at 12:07 PM  

Nice! Great shots :)

Amanda June 27, 2010 at 5:55 AM  

I have tried this as well! I never use flash, just my highest ISO setting and lowest aperture. I have tried putting it in full manual and also fiddling with shutter speed. Great Collage!

Jenn June 28, 2010 at 11:23 PM  

EXCELLENT job!!!!!! I have yet to get a great moon shot!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP