365-181

7/24/2010

365-181 by parrettfive, on Pix-O-Sphere


I am addicted to the blue canning jars with the original zinc lids! Its crazy but I have been going to the antique malls and if I see any it's all I can do not to buy them all, LOL! I am going to start using them for storage since I want to keep the original lids. I already have three of them on my counter. I keep sugar in one, flour in the other, and the third I use for a utensil holder. I have also seen people using them as vases, so I think I might put a few of them on my bay window.

My new obsession....... What's yours?

5 comments:

J July 24, 2010 at 9:44 AM  

They will make such cheerful vases!

Tracy July 24, 2010 at 11:17 AM  

I love them too. My parents have always collected jars and have a nice collection of blue ones. I wanted to take pics of them last time, but didn't get a chance.

My obession? Would have to be pictures. I collect them and have albums and hard drives FULL of them. :)

Anonymous,  July 24, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

I see people using these as drink mugs too. They are pretty!

Jenn July 24, 2010 at 10:16 PM  

I must admit I don't think I've seen the blue ones like these. And what is worse is my dad owns an antique shop so I am sure he has some in there. :) They are so pretty and made for a fabulous picture!

Leslee July 25, 2010 at 10:33 AM  

I too adore the old blue jars! We were given one as a wedding gift 32 years ago with a rubber stopper under the lid... Gives me an idea for a future post!!!

Obsession??? I would say photo taking and blogging!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP