Homemaker's Challenge #1

10/10/2010


I am participating in the HomeMaker's Challenge that Amy B is hosting. Our first challenge was to make a cupcake that reflects ourself. Well I decided to make Chocolate Apple cupcakes using a recipe that Krystal has on her website. I revamped it so that it was healthier for us and also so that my daughter could have it too. Tonight was her birthday party so I didn't get to make them all "fancified" but I did remember to take a picture.
  • Chocolate - who can resist chocolate!
and
  • Apples - they are good for you so......it means you can eat them without feeling guilty right?

 
Cupcakes by parrettfive, on Pix-O-Sphere
 
Chocolate Apple Cupcakes
3 c. diced apples
2 c. unbleached white flour
1 1/4 c.  Sucanat
1/4 c. cocoa
1 tsp. each baking soda, salt, cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. allspice
2 eggs
1/2 c of melted butter
1/4 c. applesauce

Mix all the dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and mix well. Batter will be stiff. Bake at 350. 
 
 


5 comments:

Jami Balmet October 10, 2010 at 10:41 PM  

Ooh looks yummy!! So glad you decided to join this challenge! :)

Jami @Intentionally Living...

Holly October 10, 2010 at 10:53 PM  

Sounds delightful! I have never thought of mixing apples and chocolate before, Angie. I will definitely try them.

Anonymous,  October 11, 2010 at 9:48 AM  

Glad you were able to make them - your changes sound easy enough too!

Amy October 11, 2010 at 7:37 PM  

I wouldn't have pegged chocolate and apples together either but anything is good with chocolate, right?

They look yummy!

Misty aka Elvisgirl October 12, 2010 at 9:23 PM  

Oh, yummy! I made some apple cinnamon muffins for breakfast this morning, but I'm going to have to try this recipe sometime.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP